Search submitted… see your results!
23 Search Results
Access TLC Home Health Care Added on July 30, 2019
- Address: 5400 Atlantis Ct • Moorpark, CA 93021
- Phone: 805-517-1620
- Website: www.AccessTLCHomeHealth.com External link to open a new browser tab/window.
Description: This service is for patients who have a skilled need.
Our goal is to help patients to function independently at home, to increase their comfort and to improve their overall health. They are eligible if they are home bound and under the care of a physician who certifies that they need one of more of the following: Intermittent Skilled Nursing Care, Physical Therapy Services, Speech/Language/Occupational/Therapy, Pathology Service
Home Health Care Services Include: Nursing Assessment, Medication Management, Home Health Aide Services, Bathing & Dressing, Rehabilitation Therapy, Home Safety Evaluation, Medical Social Services, Treatments & Injections, Dressing Changes & Wound Care, Post Op Care, Incontinence Care, Restorative Care, Patient & Family Education
Brain Injury Association of California Added on July 30, 2019
- Address: 5215 Ashe Rd • Bakersfield, CA 93313
- Phone: (707) 439-5041
- Website: https://www.biacal.org/ External link to open a new browser tab/window.
Description: OUR MISSION
To advance awareness, research, treatment, and education and to improve the quality of life for all Californian's affected by brain injury.
Our motto, WE RISE BY LIFTING OTHERS, is a reflection of our commitment to raising the standard of education, resources and community support for Californians affected by brain injury. It is this commitment to lifting others that distinguishes the Brain Injury Association of California. We are committed to durable long term outcomes through a focus on education and establishment of community support systems and by connecting Californians with necessary brain education and support. Our programming and services are geared to support survivors community family and community members where they live, work and play, and to connect them with available services and resources as close to home as possible.
Brain Injury Specialists Added on July 30, 2019
- Address: 1746-F S. Victoria Ave. #365 • Ventura, CA 93003
- Phone: 805 643 0123
- Days & Hours: Monday-Friday 8am to 6pm
- Website: www.braininjspecialists.com External link to open a new browser tab/window.
Description: Speech/Cognitive Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Aquatic Therapy, Case Management, Psychological Counseling, Return to Work/ Job Coaching, Return to Driving, Neuroattendant Training, Family/Caregiver Education and Training Does BIS accept insurance? Yes, we accept commercial and worker's compensation insurance. All therapy must be authorized by catastrophic case management. Our services are generally available on a case by case negotiated basis. Following is a list of insurance companies who have worked with us to provide our specialized services: Aetna, Blue Cross, Blue Shield, Fireman's Fund, Gallagher-Bassett, GEHA, Liberty Mutual, Octagon Risk, Paradigm, Pacificare, Seaview IPA, State Compensation Insurance Company Reduced rates available to cash pay clients. If you do not see your insurance on this list, please call us and we will speak with your case manager directly if we feel you are a good candidate for our program. All co-payments or deductibles will be directly billed to the client. The staff does their best to clarify insurance benefits prior to beginning treatment, but the client is ultimately responsible for contacting the payor for payment issues.
California Department of Rehabilitation Added on July 30, 2019
- Days & Hours: Monday thru Friday except state holidays , 8 AM to 5 PM.
- Website: https://www.dor.ca.gov/Home/FindAnOffice External link to open a new browser tab/window.
Description: DOR provides Vocational Rehabilitation Services to Californians with disabilities who want to work. Our services include employment counseling training and education, mobility and transportation aids, job search and placement assistance.
(805) 385-2400 (Voice)
Channel Island Business Center
1701 Pacific Avenue , Suite 120
Oxnard, CA 93033-1887
Thousand Oaks Branch
(805) 371-6279 (Voice)
101 Hodencamp Road , Suite 212
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
California Lutheran University - Disability Support Services Added on July 30, 2019
- Address: 60 West Olsen Road #5300, Academic Services Building • Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
- Phone: (805) 493-3464
- Days & Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Closed Thursday 11:15 am -
- Website: https://www.callutheran.edu/students/disability-services/ External link to open a new browser tab/window.
Description: We recognize and value diversity in our campus community and are committed to providing equal access and opportunities to qualified students with various disabilities.
California State University Channel Islands (CSUCI) - Disability Accommodations and Support Services (DASS) Added on July 30, 2019
- Address: 1 University Drive, Arroyo Hall 210 • Camarillo, CA 93012
- Phone: 805-437-3331
- Website: https://www.csuci.edu/dass/ External link to open a new browser tab/window.
Description: Disability Accommodations and Support Services (DASS) is committed to providing an inclusive and equitable environment for students with disabilities.
Caregiver Action Network Added on July 30, 2019
- Address: 1150 Connecticut Ave, NW, Suite 501 • Washington, DC 20036
- Phone: 202-454-3970
- Website: http://caregiveraction.org/ External link to open a new browser tab/window.
Description: A nonprofit organization providing education, peer support, and resources to family caregivers across the country free of charge.
Casa Colina at Rancho Pino Verde Added on July 30, 2019
- Address: 11981 Midway Avenue • Lucerne Valley, CA 92356
- Phone: (760) 247-7711
- Website: http://www.casacolina.org/Long-Term-Residential-Care/Casa-Colina-at-Rancho-Pi-o-Verde.aspx External link to open a new browser tab/window.
Description: Casa Colina at Rancho Pi–o Verde is a 36-bed facility offering respite, intermediate, and long-term residential care for individuals who have experienced traumatic or acquired brain injury (TBI or ABI) and are behaviorally challenged. Since 1989, Casa Colina at Rancho Pi–o Verde has provided structured and semi-independent living to meet the unique needs of these clients in a manner that recognizes their dignity and self-esteem.
Our broad client base ranges from fully dependent, non-ambulatory individuals to ambulatory, semi-independent residents who undergo continuing education at nearby Victor Valley Community College. We offer 26 licensed beds for structured living and 10 non-licensed beds for semi-independent living.
Cedars-Sinai Neuropsychology (outpatient) Added on July 30, 2019
- Address: Mark Goodson Building, Suite 103 444 S. San Vicente Blvd. • Los Angeles, CA 90048
- Phone: 310-423-9722
- Website: https://www.cedars-sinai.edu/Patients/Programs-and-Services/Neuropsychology/index.aspx External link to open a new browser tab/window.
Description: The Neuropsychology Program offers a broad range of services to both inpatients and outpatients of all ages throughout Cedars-Sinai and California Rehabilitation Institute. Practitioners specialize in the relationship between the brain and cognitive, emotional and behavioral functioning. Many of our neuropsychologists are also part of a specialty team within Cedars-Sinai that participates in research and education both at the medical center and nationally.
Centre for Neuro Skills (CNS) Added on July 30, 2019
- Address: 5215 Ashe Rd • Bakersfield, CA 93313
- Phone: 800-922-4994
- Days & Hours: Clinics are open M-F, 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM Residential sites op
- Website: www.neuroskills.com External link to open a new browser tab/window.
Description: Postacute in-patient rehabilitation Neurobehavioral rehabilitation Outpatient and day treatment Assisted living Multicultural programs Family education Community re-entry Home evaluations
HICAP (Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program) Added on July 30, 2019
- Address: 646 County Square Drive Suite 100 • Ventura, CA 93003
- Phone: 805-477-7310
- Website: http://hicapvc.org/ External link to open a new browser tab/window.
Description: HICAP (the Health Insurance Counseling & Advocacy Program) provides free and objective information and counseling about Medicare. HICAP also offers free educational presentations to groups of Medicare beneficiaries, their families and/or providers on a variety of Medicare and other health insurance related topics.
Hidden Valley Ranch Rehabilitation Services Inc. Added on July 30, 2019
- Address: 16585 Highland Valley Road, P.O. Box 1550 • Ramona, CA 92065
- Phone: (760) 789-4600
- Website: http://www.hvrrehab.com/ External link to open a new browser tab/window.
Description: Hidden Valley Ranch has been designed to provide an active, therapeutic and recreational alternative for men and women with challenging behaviors from either an acquired or a traumatic brain injury.
Hidden Valley Ranch, located in a rural setting, combines educational, vocational and recreational components along with the structured activities of daily living to create a comprehensive, long-term living environment.
The Hidden Valley Ranch Program consists of four multi-acre, community-based residential sites in Ramona, California, approximately 40 minutes north of San Diego.
Jodi House Brain Injury Support Center Added on July 30, 2019
- Address: 625 Chapala St • Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Phone: (805) 563-2882
- Website: http://www.jodihouse.org/ External link to open a new browser tab/window.
Description: Jodi House Brain Injury Support Center of Santa Barbara is one of seven sites statewide to receive State of California funding from the Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) for serving adults with traumatic brain injury (TBI). This funding allows Jodi House to further provide its core services, including:
Supported Living Services Ð provide a variety of training, support and supervision to maximize independence where the participant is living.
Community Reintegration Services Ð maximize independent functioning with the goal of living in the community and participating in community life by increasing participant access to housing, medical care, transportation, education, recovery programs, and personal assistance.
Vocational Supportive Services Ð include prevocational and educational services to individuals who are unserved or underserved by existing vocational rehabilitation services.
Information and Referral Ð includes services providing information on TBI to individuals, family members, caregiver, service providers and other stakeholders. This includes referrals to TBI service or other community resources.
Public and Professional Education Ð designed to facilitate early identification of persons with brain injury, prompt referral of these persons to appropriate services, and improvement of the system of services available to them.
Language Speech and Hearing Center (CSUN) Added on July 30, 2019
- Address: 18111 Nordhoff St.-Monterey Hall 100 • Northridge, CA 91330
- Phone: (818) 677-2856
- Website: http://www.csun.edu/language-speech-hearing-center External link to open a new browser tab/window.
Description: The ability to communicate thoughts and feelings is one of the most basic of human needs. The elements of effective communication involve skills associated with speaking, hearing and understanding. Communication disorders occur when one or more of these skills are compromised to the extent that they interfere with the ability to share thoughts and feelings with others. The California State University, Northridge Language, Speech and Hearing Center is a non-profit university-based clinical facility in the San Fernando Valley which has been providing comprehensive diagnosis and therapeutic services to children and adults with communication disorders since 1960. At the present time, the Center averages over 12,000 patient visits annually and serves a culturally diverse population which includes infants, children, adolescents, adults and senior citizens. Upper division or Master's level students in the Department of Communication Disorders and Sciences in training to become professional speech/language or hearing specialists, provide evaluation and/or therapy services. The students are under the direct supervision of faculty supervisors who have professional certification and are licensed by the State of California. The Department is an accredited training program which is fully certified by the Educational Standards Board of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. The Language, Speech and Hearing Center provides evaluations of speech/language or hearing related problems and an array of treatment options which are performed in individual therapy or group settings. Clients are enrolled according to the university calendar for the fall, spring or summer sessions. The Center is also involved in the early identification of communication disorders through its pre-school and elementary school speech or hearing screening programs.
Moorpark College - Accessibility Coordination Center & Educational Support Services (ACCESS) Added on July 30, 2019
- Address: 7075 Campus Road, LMC Building • Moorpark, CA 93021
- Phone: (805) 378-1461
- Days & Hours: Monday through Thursday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Website: https://www.moorparkcollege.edu/departments/student-services/access External link to open a new browser tab/window.
Description: ACCESS (Accessibility Coordination Center & Educational Support Services) is the program that assures all Moorpark College classes, activities and facilities are accessible to all qualified students.
NAMI Ventura County Added on July 30, 2019
- Address: 555 Airport Way, Suite F • Camarillo, CA 93012
- Phone: 805-500-NAMI
- Website: https://namiventura.org/ External link to open a new browser tab/window.
Description: The purpose of NAMI Ventura County is to advocate for and provide support and crisis resources to those affected by neurological disorders including schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, bipolar disorder, major depression, borderline personality disorder, OCD, panic disorder, severe anxiety disorder and co-occurring brain disorders and addictive disorders. Our services to the community include: crisis outreach, consumer and family support services, sharing and education, families helping families, community awareness building and collaboration, and advocacy.
Oxnard College - Educational Assistance Center (EAC) Added on July 30, 2019
- Address: 4000 S. Rose Avenue, Student Services Building - 1st Floor • Oxnard, CA 93033
- Phone: (805) 678-5830
- Days & Hours: Monday through Thursday: 8am-5pm Friday: 8am-12pm
- Website: https://www.oxnardcollege.edu/departments/student-services/educational-assistance-center External link to open a new browser tab/window.
Description: The EAC provides services and courses to support students with disabilities in the achievement of their academic and vocational goals. The instructional component promotes equal participation in mainstream academic programs through preparatory and skill maintenance courses, and offers courses for personal growth. The department strives to maintain a climate dedicated to open exchange and a commitment to the needs of those served.
Santa Barbara County Special Education Local Plan Area (SBC SELPA) Added on July 30, 2019
- Address: 5385 Hollister Ave., Bldg. 5 • Santa Barbara, CA 93111
- Phone: 805-683-1424
- Website: http://www.sbcselpa.org/ External link to open a new browser tab/window.
Description: SBCSELPA provides oversight, guidance, training and support to member local education agencies (LEAs), parents, guardians, and the community related to identifying and providing compliant, best practice Individualized Education Plan (IEP) services to students with disabilities.
Senior Concerns Adult Day Center Added on July 30, 2019
- Address: 401 Hodencamp Road • Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
- Phone: (805) 497-0189
- Days & Hours: 7:30 am - 5:30 pm (Mon-Fri) Part-Time Program Available 10
- Website: https://www.seniorconcerns.org/programs/adult-day-center/ External link to open a new browser tab/window.
Description: Seniors look forward to their time at the Adult Day Center, where they can participate in fun, enriching programs and activities that help fulfill social, spiritual and recreational needs while socializing with peers in a friendly, respectful and caring environment.
Our nurturing staff provides a variety of opportunities for therapeutic recreation, nutrition and education to seniors who require supervision during the day. Senior ConcernsÕ unique, affordable programs are designed to meet the specific needs of each senior
Half- and full-day programs may include:
Transportation to and from the center by the participantÕs family or through the Dial-a-Ride program.
Nutritious meals planned by a registered dietician and supplemented by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, including a light and healthy continental breakfast, a hot lunch and afternoon snacks.
The Neuropsychological Rehabilitation Center Added on July 30, 2019
- Address: 21053 Devonshire St • Chatsworth, CA 91311
- Phone: (818) 886-7222
- Website: http://neuropsyrehab.com/ External link to open a new browser tab/window.
Description: neuropsychological assessment, neuropsychological rehabilitation (psychotherapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, cognitive rehabilitation), sports concussion management, educational assessment, medical-legal evaluations, clinical and program consultation Accepted Forms of Payment: Medicare, Anthem Blue Cross, Worker's Compensation, Private Pay
VCMC Therapy Services Added on July 30, 2019
- Address: 2189 Eastman Avenue • Ventura, CA 93003
- Phone: (805) 639-2600
- Website: http://hospitals.vchca.org/32-hospitals/ventura-county-medical-center/245-rehabilitation-therapy-services External link to open a new browser tab/window.
Description: The Ventura County Health Care Agency Outpatient Rehabilitation Clinics associated with Ventura County Medical Center and Santa Paula Hospitals provide superior quality physical, speech, occupational, hand and pediatric therapy.
Located in Ventura and Santa Paula, these clinics provide advanced, evidence-based physical medicine to allow patients the opportunity to achieve optimal functional recovery. Highly-skilled therapists provide specialized treatments and patient education designed to address each individualÕs functional deficits. As a supporting member of the Ventura CountyÕs Trauma services, we help provide the continuum of care for successful recovery from accidents, surgeries, illnesses and other physical pathologies and challenges
Ventura College - Educational Assistance Center (EAC) Added on July 30, 2019
- Address: 4667 Telegraph Road, Administration Building • Ventura, CA 93003
- Phone: (805) 289-6300
- Days & Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Tuesday: 8:0
- Website: https://www.venturacollege.edu/departments/student-services/disabled-students-programs-services-dspseac External link to open a new browser tab/window.
Description: The Educational Assistance Center (EAC) promotes the educational and vocational potential of students with disabilities by supporting each student's integration into the mainstream of college life. Students with learning disabilities, mobility, visual, hearing, speech, or psychological impairments, acquired brain injuries, or other health impairments, such as seizure disorders or attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder, are eligible for support services and special classes that are needed to fully participate in the educational process.
Ventura County Alcohol and Drug Program Added on July 30, 2019
- Address: 1911 Williams Drive • Oxnard, CA 93036
- Phone: 805.981.9200
- Website: http://www.vchca.org/treatment-adult-services External link to open a new browser tab/window.
Description: Ventura County Alcohol & Drug Programs offer a range of outpatient treatment services designed to help individuals coping with a substance use disorder. Our services include screening, crisis intervention, individual, group and family counseling, HIV education, assessment and evaluation, referrals to community based services, and outreach to the community. Our Youth Services and Adult Services programs serve the entire county, with clinics located in Oxnard, Ventura, Fillmore and Simi Valley. Specialized programs provide services for pregnant and parenting women, adolescents, and persons who have been dually diagnosed with substance use and mental health problems. Fees are based on an ability to pay. Prevention, education & intervention Screening, assessment & referral Drug testing Access to detoxification referrals Joint agency collaboration with mental health services Crisis mental health emergency services Collaborative inter-agency team approach On-site HIV testing and counseling Residential treatment referrals The Centers operate on a sliding fee scale and accept private insurance, Drug Medi-Cal and private pay. ALCOHOL & DRUG PROGRAMS OUTPATIENT CLINICS A New Start for Moms 1911 Williams Drive, Suite 140 Oxnard, CA 805.981.9250 Fillmore Center 828 Ventura Street, Suite 250 Fillmore, CA 805.524.8644 Oxnard Center 1911 Williams Drive Oxnard, CA 805.981.9200 Simi Valley Center 3150 E. Los Angeles Avenue Simi Valley, CA 805.577.1724 Ventura Center 24 East Main Street Ventura, CA 805.652.6919 Clinic Hours: Monday - Friday: 8 AM to 5 PM. For more information, call 805.981.9200.